Winter Wonderland Weekend 2018Winter
Join Enjoy Korea as we set off on our Winter Wonderland Weekender. Visit the beautiful and peaceful Nami Island, stroll through the festive Garden of the Morning Calm Light Festival, and enjoy the Hwacheon Ice Festival all in one activity packed weekend with all the winter fun you could ever want.
After departing our home cities we’ll start off our weekend by taking the short ferry ride to visit Nami Island. Truly magical and unique, Nami Island even declared its cultural independence from the Republic of Korea and called itself the ‘Naminara Republic’.
During the winter, Nami Island is covered in pristine snow. In this winter wonderland, you will find surreal snow globe scenery and picturesque views. Nami Island thoughtfully cares for visitors in the winter time with campfires placed around the island to keep your hands and hearts warmed. There also cafes and food stalls throughout the island to grab a cup of hot cocao or something warm and tasty to eat.
Our next stop on Saturday will be the Garden of the Morning Calm Light Festival. The garden is the oldest private garden in Korea. Scenic walkways and beautiful flower beds connect the garden’s 20 different themed sections. During the winter months the garden is lit up with 1000’s of lights making for an unrivalled wintry backdrop.
Our hotel for the evening is located very nearby the garden, and includes an impressive western buffet breakfast. We have a few different room sizes which sleep between 5-7 people. The hotel also has a late night mart and Noraebang.
On the Sunday we’ll make the short journey to Hwancheon’s Ice Fishing Festival. This is one of Korea’s biggest festivals and it’s definitely not to be missed!
Here are some of the highlights of the Hwacheon Ice Fishing Festival: Ice Fishing, Bare Hand Fishing (Bear Grylls Style), Ice Sledding, Ice Hockey, Curling, Ice Football, Snow tube slide, the impressive Ice Sculpture Plaza, Snow Sculpture Park, zip lining, and much more!
The trip includes:
– Round-trip private charter bus departing from Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Daejeon, & Changwon
– 1 nights accommodation in a nice hotel (not pension or motel) with traditional ondol bedding
– All you can eat western buffet breakfast
– Round-trip Ferry and admittance to Nami Island
– Entry into the Garden of the Morning Calm Light Festival
– Entry into Hwacheon’s Ice Festival
– Ice Fishing (fishing gear provided)
– 3 fish, which you can catch yourself
– 1 Snow tube slide ride
– 1 Ice Sled ride
– Entry to the Ice Sculpture Plaza
– English speaking bus reps
– All the fun and expert organization you would expect on an Enjoy Korea trip
All this for only….
Busan – SOLD OUT
Changwon – SOLD OUT
Daegu – SOLD OUT
Daejeon – SOLD OUT
Seoul – SOLD OUT
Cheers, looking forward to an amazing weekend!!!
To reserve your spot transfer funds to the account below:
KEB Hana Bank
Acc No: 429-910301-13107
Name: 김스테이시 (인조이코리아)
**Remember to include your surname as the note on the transfer if possible**
If you would like to be in a quieter room, you can request that on the room form which is sent out a few weeks before the trip.
– No transferring spots
– Cancel before the trip sells out – 100% refund (5,000w admin charge)
– Cancel after the trip sells out – 75% refund
– Cancel up to 2 weeks or less before the departure date – No refunds can be issued, sorry.
We do our absolute best to adhere to the itinerary and schedule stated. However, there may be factors outside of our control such as busy traffic or unforeseen circumstances with third party companies, which may force us to alter our schedule slightly.
Enjoy Korea is not liable in any way for any injuries, damage or loss suffered during the trip. You are all adults and are responsible for your own safety. All activities are suggested and not compulsory, you have the right to not participate in any activity.